Standard aggregate crushing value apparatus
Standard: BS 812-110
The apparatus is used to determine the resistance of aggregates to crushing under a gradually applied compressive load. It consists of a cylinder, plunger, base plate, tamping rod and measuring cylinder. It comes in 2 different sizes:
- 75mm nominal diameter steel cylinder, plunger and base plate. Weight: 3.5kg
- Metal measure 57mm diamater x 90mm height. Weight: 350g
- Tamping rod 8mm diameter x 300 mm length with rounded tip.
- 150mm nominal diameter steel cylinder, plunger and base plate. Weight: 16.6kg
- Metal measure 115mm diamater x 180mm height. Weight: 870g
- Tamping rod 16mm diameter x 600 mm length with rounded tip.