ROMDAS – Modular Road Survey System
ROMDAS® (ROad Measurement Data Acquisition System)has been developed by Data Collection Ltd. (DCL) as a comprehensive, cost e ective and modular system for collecting asset and pavement information. Implemented in over 60 countries, it’s exible design allows for installation on locally sourced vehicles and meets widely accepted international standards.
Depending on your needs, a ROMDAS system can be easily customized with a variety of add-on modules to suit the specifications and budget of any project.
- Simultaneously monitor and control all ROMDAS modules in real-time
- Operator friendly
- Inbuilt Location Referencing system (LRPs)
- Customizable keycode asset and condition rating system
- Inbuilt calibration and self-testing features
- Real-time status and display of all modules during surveying
- Automatically reference data to distance/chainage and GPS* (*if connected to a GPS receiver)
- Process data onsite for immediate results
- Low processor requirements means it can run on any laptop or computer
- Free office version for processing/reprocessing survey files in the office
- High-speed network level or project specific road surveying,
- Road roughness surveys,
- Transverse pro le/rutting surveys,
- Macro-texture (MPD),
- Visual condition, environment or event rating,
- Automatic crack and surface defect inspections,
- Location referencing (spatial GPS/GNSS data or linear LRP data),
- GIS mapping of condition data and road alignment,
- Video logging surveys (right of way, 360 and pavement view),
- Mobile mapping of roadside assets & inventory,
- Road geometry surveying,
- Travel time and congestion surveys,
- iRAP road safety surveys
Customize your romdas system
The base ROMDAS system includes the core hardware components, odometer, interfaces and software licenses for collecting survey data. Customers then have the option of adding modules to a base system for recording additional datasets. This innovative design can be installed on almost any vehicle and enables users to customize a system specific to the needs of their projects, without having to spend additional money on components they do not need.
Customizing A System & Common Configurations:
- Transverse Profile Logger (TPL) (read more)
- Laser Profilometer (read more)
- GPS/GNSS Modules (read more)
- Video Logging Modules (read more)
- High Resolution Odemeter (read more)
- Laser Crack Measurement System (read more)
- Data Acquisition Software in Vehicles (read more)
- Data View (read more)
- Mobile Mapping (read more)
- HIMS – Asset Management System (read more)
Modules Inside Vehicles
- Bump Integrators (read more)
- Road Geometry (read more)
- Event Rating Keyboards –
Programmable keyboards make event rating easier and more efficient, both in vehicle and during office processing with DataView’s video rating feature.
- Survey Computers –
Depending on the add-on modules being used, ROMDAS can run on a laptop, ruggedized PC or high-performance rack mounted PC systems.
Click here for the full ROMDAS guidelines in customising a system.